Communication Studies (CS) Major
Gain a solid foundation and customize your degree to meet your professional needs
What is this major about?
The main objective
of the BPA
program is to provide you with a sound knowledge of the theoretical, historical, economic, political, and cultural contexts
in which you practice your profession.
This major will
- broaden your intellectual and professional understanding of the contexts in which communication happens
- build on your knowledge, expertise, and practical experience that you have acquired in the workplace and from previous studies
- balance theoretical knowledge with your practical skills and experience
- prepare you to assume leadership positions, administrative responsibilities, and coordinating and consulting functions within your chosen field
- contribute positively to the future development of the communication sector
With a wide range of courses to choose from you can customize the BPA-CS to meet your professional needs (see CS Major: Degree Requirements and Course Descriptions).